The Quick Draw is a fun, high energy painting and drawing event for all ages and levels of creativity. Artists have two hours to complete their work, which will then be judged and presented for sale to the general public.
During this short time, all registered Quick Draw participants will set up their supplies and work en plein air around Mandurah’s boardwalk and cultural precinct.
This is one of the highlights of Plein Air Down Under’s three day festival program. Together, artists and spectators are immersed in the creative process. Smell the wet paint and get caught up in the excitement of watching art come to life before your eyes!
Spectators will be able to watch artists from start to finish, from 10am to 12 noon on Monday 30 September, around Mandjar Square and the Boardwalk precinct. Judging and sales will occur in Mandjar Square at 12.30 pm.
$10 for all ages
FREE for artists registered to paint at Plein Air Down Under
Important Times on 30 September:
8.00 – 9.30 am Board stamping and sign in
10 am to 12 noon Competition painting time
12 noon Brushes down!
12.15 pm Judging and Sales in Mandjar Square, outside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre
PLEIN AIR DOWN UNDER QUICK DRAW, MONDAY 30 SEPTEMBER 2019. COMPETITION RULES
1. Bring your own art supplies, including a BLANK canvas, board or paper. It is acceptable for blank surfaces to have a single coloured background.
2. Sign in and have your blank surface stamped at the Bendigo Bank Marquee, located in Mandjar Square, outside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre, Ormsby Terrace Mandurah between 8.00 am to 9.30 am Monday 30 September 2019. You will be given an identification number label at sign in.
3. Registration Entry Fee is $10. Pre-register online at https://www.trybooking.com/BEZOU or in cash at the Bendigo Bank Information Marquee between 8am and 9.30 am on Monday 30 September.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have registered to paint
at Plein Air Down Under, you are automatically registered and there is no fee
to pay, however you will still need to sign in and have your blank surface
4. Paint and/or draw from 10am to 12 noon and within the designated area of the Boardwalk precinct between the Visitor Centre and Stingray Point, including Mandjar Square.
5. Tools down at 12 noon sharp. Set your easel up and display your artwork in Mandjar Square by 12.15 pm, ready for judging, exhibition and sales. Framing is suggested to enhance presentation, but is not compulsory. Complete your identification number label with your name, the title of your painting and price. If your work is not for sale, write NFS.
6. If someone wants to buy your artwork, you may deal with the purchaser direct, and via an honour system, we ask you to pay 15% to Plein Air Down Under to support the continuation of this event. Please ensure this commission is included in your price and advise the organisers of your sale.
7. All artwork and easels must be removed
from Mandjar Square by 2pm in readiness for the 2.30 pm Plein Air Down
Under gala awards presentation to be held inside the Mandurah Performing Arts
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover image: Mariners Cove by Jos Coufreur