Plein Air Down Under Registrations have closed for 2019
Thank you to everyone who participated
Register by 24 September to receive a Woolworths Survival Pack of fruit, water, muesli bars and discount vouchers.
$45 Artist Registration, over 18 years of age
$10 Artist Registration, 18 years and under
ONLINE REGISTRATIONS CLOSE 24 SEPTEMBER. TO REGISTER AFTER THIS DATE PLEASE REGISTER AT THE FESTIVAL. Registrations received after 24 September include:
- Access to paint at all festival paint outs, including the Quick Draw
- Eligibility for awards and prize money, totalling $5,000
Before completing your online Artist Registration and Payment, please read and understand the Terms and Conditions:
Once you have completed registration please fill in this artist profile and tell us about yourself
Terms & Conditions for Artists Registered to Paint at Plein Air Down Under 2019
Please note: Registrations received at the festival are eligible for judging and all prize money, but not for exhibition.
Stamping of Surfaces
- Only stamped surfaces are eligible for judging. These can be stamped at the sign in/information marquee located at each day’s paint-out venue.
- Surfaces must start off blank. Pre-toned canvas, paper or gessoed surface is acceptable.
- There is no limit to the number of blank surfaces however these will need to be stamped before painting begins.
- This is a plein air Contest which means all Entries (the “Artwork”) must be the Entrant’s original work of art created, started and completed by the Entrant while outdoors during the Contest, within the designated areas. There will be free painting times outside the designated area painting sessions.
- Entrants aged 18 and under will include parent/guardian information on the Artist Registration Form.
Exhibition and Judging
- Each registered artist can submit one framed Entry for judging, and if there is enough exhibition space, a second framed Entry, by invitation, can be submitted.
- The maximum framed size is 52 x 42cm. Due to gallery space limitations, Entries larger than this will not be accepted for exhibition or judging.
- Entries submitted for judging will be an original painting, drawing or sketch. No photography, prints or three dimensional artworks will be accepted.
- Entries for exhibition and judging will be delivered to Mandurah Performing Arts Centre between 8 am and 9 am on Monday 30 September and will include the following:
- On the back: Artist name, title, price, medium, contact phone number
- On the label provided: Artist name, title, price, medium
- Hanging mechanism eg. D Rings, hook, string
- It is the responsibility of the Entrant to frame their work for judging in a professional manner. For convenience, there will be sets of frames and boards available to purchase at the following painting sizes:
- 40 x 30 cm
- 40 x 20 cm
- 30 x 20 cm
- 33 1/3% commission will be applied to artworks that have been sold.
- The Plein Air Down Under Exhibition will run from 30 September to 6 October 2019. Paintings will hang for the duration of the exhibit unless prior arrangements have been made with the curator. It is the Entrant’s responsibility to collect artwork on Monday 7 October, or arrange a method of delivery and/or freight. Artwork not collected will be donated to a local charity.
- Entries produced using manipulated photographic processes, computer enhanced imagery or other non-plein air means will not be accepted.
- Entrants will allow Plein Air Down Under to use photographs of paintings for promotional purposes.
- All refunds that are due are issued after the festival weekend is over.
- Artist Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Workshops cancelled more than 30 days before the event will incur a 20% retention fee.
- Workshops cancelled less than 30 days before the event are non-refundable but can be transferred by the participant.