Terms and Conditions
FOR ARTISTS TO PAINT AT PLEIN AIR DOWN UNDER 2021
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE REGISTERING
IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED FOR A PLEIN AIR DOWN UNDER MASTERCLASS, YOUR ARTISTS REGISTRATION FOR THE FESTIVAL HAS ALREADY BEEN INCLUDED – PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER AGAIN.
Stamping of Surfaces:
- Only stamped surfaces are eligible for judging. These can be stamped at the sign in/information marquee located at each day’s paint-out venue.
- Surfaces must start off blank. Pre-toned canvas in a single colour, paper or gessoed surface is acceptable.
- There is no limit to the number of blank surfaces however these will need to be stamped before painting begins.
Judging and Awards:
- This is a plein air Contest which means all Entries (the “Artwork”) must be the Entrant’s original work of art created, started and completed by the Entrant while outdoors during the Contest, within the designated areas. The Artwork cannot be touched up or modified away from the defined contest locations or time periods.
- Artworks created during Plein Air Down Under workshops or masterclasses are not eligible for prizes and/or awards.
- Entries submitted for judging will be an original plein air painting or artwork. No photography, prints or three-dimensional artworks will be accepted.
- Entries produced using manipulated photographic processes, computer enhanced imagery or other non-plein air means will not be accepted.
- Entrants will allow Plein Air Down Under to use photographs of paintings for existing and future promotional purposes.
- When registering to paint at Plein Air Down Under, artists must select only one of the following categories:
- Open Acquisitional: All artists, regardless of age or skill level, may select this option and will be judged against professional artists and feature guest artists.
- Non-Professional (non-acquisitional): For artists over 18 years of age who would prefer tobe judged against their peers, rather than professional and/or featured artists.
- Youth: (non-acquisitional) Aged 13 or under. iv. Youth: (non-acquisitional) Aged 13 – 18.
- Entrants aged 18 and under will include parent/guardian information on the Artist Registration Form.
Registered Artist Exhibition: Mandurah Performing Arts Centre 27 September to 10 October 2021
- Each registered artist may submit artwork to be exhibited at the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre (MANPAC).
- Artwork for exhibition and judging can be submitted to MANPAC from 4pm 25 September to 10am Monday 27 September, and will include the following:
- On the back: Artist name, title, price, medium, contact phone number.
- On the label provided: Artist name, title, price, medium.
- Hanging mechanism eg. D Rings, hook, string.
- It is the responsibility of the Entrant to present their work for judging in a professional manner, with appropriate hanging options.
- 25% commission will be applied to artworks sold throughout Plein Air Down Under (excludes Featured Guest Artist Exhibition).
- The Plein Air Down Under Exhibition will run from 27 September to 10 October 2021. Paintings will hang for the duration of the exhibit unless prior arrangements have been made with the curator.
- It is the Entrant’s responsibility to collect artwork on Monday 11 October, or arrange a method of delivery and/or freight. Artwork not collected will be donated to a local charity.
Plein Air Down Under will be following the directive of Australia’s Chief Medical Officer. If the directive is to cancel the event, all Artist Registrations and Workshop fees will be refunded in full within four weeks of the cancellation date.
Refunds not related to a Covid-19 event cancellation
- All refunds that are due are issued after the festival weekend is over.
- Artist Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Participants who cancel a workshop registration more than 30 days before the event will incur a 20%
Participants who cancel a workshop registration less than 30 days before the event will not receive a refund, however may transfer their place to another participant/person.