Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE REGISTERING
Terms & Conditions for Artists registered to paint at Plein Air Down Under 2020
- Only stamped surfaces are eligible for judging. These can be stamped at the sign in/information marquee located at each day’s paint-out venue.
- Surfaces must start off blank. Pre-toned canvas, paper or gessoed surface is acceptable.
- There is no limit to the number of blank surfaces however these will need to be stamped before painting begins.
- This is a plein air Contest which means all Entries (the “Artwork”) must be the Entrant’s original work of art created, started and completed by the Entrant while outdoors during the Contest, within the designated areas. There will be free painting times outside the designated area painting sessions.
- Entrants aged 18 and under will include parent/guardian information on the Artist Registration Form.
- Entries submitted for judging will be an original painting. No photography, prints or three dimensional artworks will be accepted.
- Entries produced using manipulated photographic processes, computer enhanced imagery or other non-plein air means will not be accepted.
- Entrants will allow Plein Air Down Under to use photographs of paintings for promotional purposes.
Plein Air Down Under will be following the directive of Australia’s Chief Medical Officer. If the directive is to cancel the event, all Artist Registrations and Workshop fees will be refunded in full within four weeks of the cancellation date.
Refunds NOT related to a Covid-19 event cancellation
- All refunds that are due are issued after the festival weekend is over
- Artist Registration fees are non-refundable.
- Participants who cancel a workshop registration more than 30 days before the event will incur a 20% retention fee.
- Participants who cancel a workshop registration less than 30 days before the event will not receive a refund, however may transfer their place to another participant/person.