2020 Awards and Prizes
The 2020 Plein Air Down Under Festival had over $8000 in prizes and awards spread over 6 categories. Congratulations to all the winners.
These awards were presented at the Judge’s Invitational Exhibition on 4 October, at Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah:
- Brendon Darby: $2,500 Professional Category, presented by the City of Mandurah
- Andy Dolphin: $1,000 Non-professional Category, presented by Bendigo Bank Halls Head
- Sue Deighton: $500 People’s Choice Award, presented by Mandurah Holiday Rentals
- Emmie Barton: $50 Youth Award under 13, presented by Bendigo Bank Halls Head
- Xanthe Turner: $100 Youth Award aged 13 – 18, presented by Bendigo Bank Halls Head
Quick Draw Awards
presented on Saturday 26 September:
- Leanne Pearson: $500 in products, Best Oil Painting, presented by Michael Harding Paints & Leon Holmes Products
- Juliet McCormack: $500 Best Watercolour Painting, presented by the Mandurah Caravan & Tourist Park
- Susan Swain: $500 Best Painting (other than oil or watercolour) presented by the Peel Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Deborah Zibah: $200 Highly Commended, presented by Silver Sands Resort
- Andy Dolphin: $200 Highly Commended, presented by Catch 22 Tapas & Cocktail Lounge
- Gayle Bukey: $200 Highly Commended, presented by Diverse Glazing Group
- Misha Preston: $50 in art supplies, Youth Award under 13, presented by Jacksons Drawing Supplies
- Xanthe Turner: $100 in art supplies, Youth Award aged 13 – 18, presented by Jacksons Drawing Supplies
presented on Sunday 27 September:
- Jos Coufreur: $500 Pinjarra Award, presented by Pinjarra Connect.
- Prize Draws: Artists received a ticket for every painting done as part of the Pinjarra Heritage Trail.
- Prizes included: Jarra Infusion meal vouchers, art supplies, wine and more…
Virtual Paint Out presented by Senior Art Supplies
Prizes were drawn on Sunday 4 October, at Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah.
$1000 in total art supply vouchers: 10 winners at $100 each.
Rosa Wong. (x 2)
Moyra Le Blanc Smith. (x 2)