PLEIN AIR DOWN UNDER TW0 HOUR QUICK DRAW, MONDAY 27 SEPTEMBER.
1. Bring your own art supplies, including a BLANK canvas, board or paper. It is acceptable for blank surfaces to have a single coloured background.
2. Sign in and have your blank surface stamped at the Bendigo Bank Marquee, located outside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre. Quick Draw surfaces can be stamped anytime between 8 am and 9.30am. An artwork label will be supplied as you sign in.
3. Registration Entry Fee is $20 for over 18, and $10 for artists aged 18 and under. Pre-register online or in cash at the Bendigo Bank Information Marquee between 8am and 9.30 am on Monday 27 September. PLEASE NOTE: If you have registered to paint at Plein Air Down Under, you are automatically registered and there is no fee to pay, however you will still need to sign in and have your blank surface stamped.
4. Paint and/or draw from10am–12 noon and within the designated areas of:
- Around the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre, known as Mandjar Square
- The Boardwalk Precinct to ToDS Cafe
- Mandjar Square to Stingray Point
5. Tools down at 12 noon sharp. Set your easel up and display your artwork in the designated area outside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre by 12.15 pm, ready for judging, exhibition and sales. Framing is suggested to enhance presentation, but is not compulsory. Complete your artwork label with your name, the title of your painting and price. If your work is not for sale, write NFS.
6. If someone wants to buy your artwork you may deal with the purchaser direct or utilise the festival’s sales team. A 25% commission is payable to Plein Air Down Under to support the continuation of this event. Please ensure this commission is included in your price and advise the organisers of your sale.
7. All artwork and easels can be removed from 1pm.
8. All Quick Draw winners are invited to exhibit their paintings inside the Mandurah Performing Arts Centre as part of the Plein Air Down Under Festival Weekend Exhibition, ending on 10 October.
9. Quick Draw artists are only eligible for the Quick Draw Awards, valued in excess of $2,000.