INTRODUCING AUSTRALIA’S NEW COVID-19 FRIENDLY
PLEIN AIR DOWN UNDER ‘Virtual Paint Out’
In what we believe is an Australian first, Plein Air Down Under will host a Virtual Paint Out for Australian artists unable to attend the 2020 outdoor painting festival.
This event has been created to ensure all Australian artists can join in, despite the Western Australian border remaining closed.
For artists participating in Plein Air Down Under’s Virtual Paint Out, the rules are simple:
- The event is open to artists living in Australia who are unable to attend Plein Air Down Under
- There is no cost to participate
- Paintings need to be created ‘en plein air’ over the festival weekend of 26 to 28 September
- There is no limit to the number of paintings entered
- To be eligible for the prizes, artists will upload two photos per entry to their own Instagram account, adding the official #PADUvirtualpaint hashtag.
- The two photos to be uploaded are:
- the painting on the easel, showing the painting and the subject;
- the finished painting
The Virtual Paint Out is a collaboration between Plein Air Down Under and leading Australian art supplier, Senior Fine Art Supplies, who have donated $1,000 in art supply vouchers.
There will be ten $100 Senior Fine Art Supplies Vouchers; drawn on Sunday 4 October as part of the Judge’s Invitational Exhibition at Contemporary Art Spaces Mandurah.
Winners will be announced on the Plein Air Down Under Facebook Page on Monday 5 October.